Sunday, November 6, 2011

How do you introduce a very protective pitbull to a baby?

Like the person said dont allow immediate contact with the baby. Who does Jack show aggression to???? I have had pits in my family. First they are a family dog. It is idiots who raise them on chains and to fight that are bad naming the dogs. The pit bull was bred to hunt boar and herd cattle that were problems for normal breeds. The pits tenacity to take a boar and bull down was its attraction. Anyway. If the pit shows aggression to your child then you have issues. It the pit shows aggression to non family( those that do not live in your house hold) then that is a good quality in the dog. That is what you want in a dog is to show protection of those in its house hold. If your pit shows aggression towards the baby then he may need to be an outside dog til it can learn that Tristan is family. I have known many pits like alot of mis represented dogs to be protective over children and babies. My dogs guard me cause i have had them since they were weaned from their mothers ( I have Belgian Malinois). However since I am away My sister has had to keep my dogs and they protect my niece who was only about 8 months old when introduced to them and is now turning two. My niece was in her front yard when some strangers approached and the dogs immediately got in front of my niece and would not let anyone but her mother near her. They also follow her like a shadow around the yard and house.

No comments:

Post a Comment