Saturday, November 5, 2011

BA in UQ vs Monash vs UniMelb!!! Please help me to decide :)?

I am studying Arts/Law at Monash & have friends who go to Melbourne. Most who do Arts at Melbourne I think have found it a waste of time - 1 transferred to Monash, another transferred into Science & the third is just there for the social life. I can tell you that in first year Arts at Melbourne you will only be able to choose 2 Arts units per semester - each semester through your whole degree you have to do a breadth unit (a unit from another faculty like science or commerce) & in first year you have to do 2 weird units (my friends did stuff like 'Understanding Asia' & 'People and Politics'). Because of it's structure, you can't then do a double major (but I believe you can do a diploma of languages). Monash, on the other hand, allows you to do whatever units you like in first year. You can also do a double major if you like. I don't know much about psychology (except I have friends who enjoy it) but would highly recommend the school of languages (I'm a linguistics major & French minor). As for UQ, I don't know too much except my friend for Qld felt she had to come to Melbourne to study languages.

No comments:

Post a Comment